This carrot recipe makes the most delicious, flavorful carrots that will have you addicted in no time. These carrots are soft, sweet, and lightly caramelized with maple syrup, giving them a depth of flavor. The aroma of cooked maple syrup and roasted carrots will fill your house with the most amazing smell. When it comes to vegan food, this dish knocks it out of the park. Crack Carrots are so tasty that even non vegans will love them!
Crack Carrots also have AVOCADO CRACK seasoning and crushed Avocado Crack CRACKers that truly makes this dish one of a kind. The all-in-one seasoning has plenty of flavors, giving the dish a savory, umami taste. Topping the carrots with crushed Avocado Crack CRACKers gives the dish a crispy texture that provides sophistication.
The best part is this crack carrot recipe can be made entirely in one pan! While roasting carrots in an oven can take a long time since you need to wait for the oven to preheat, you can easily roast carrots in a deep skillet or medium-high lip pan.
Tips for Perfect Crack Carrots
- Quickly move the boiled carrots into a bowl of ice water to stop them from overcooking.
- I used no sodium AVOCADO CRACK so that I can control how salty I want the carrots once they are finished cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the carrots in the pan when they are boiling. This will throw off the cooking time.
- You can use any cooking oil. Just make sure it has a high smoking point. Do not substitute the oil for butter since it will burn.
- I added maple syrup, but you can also use sugar-free maple syrup if you are on a keto diet.
Are Carrots Healthy?
Yes! Carrots are highly nutritious and contain nutrients such as potassium, fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin A. They come in all different colors, and each has slightly different antioxidants. Using colorful rainbow carrots for your crack carrots dish is not only visually pleasing but also gives you a variety of nutrients. In fact, purple carrots seem to have the best health benefits, and they help to fight inflammation. They are also low in calories, which makes them perfect for weight loss.
Why Use Microgreens As Garnish?
Microgreens are the young seedlings of vegetables and herbs. They are tiny versions of vegetables that can be added to plates for garnish. Adding rainbow microgreens to these crack carrots gives the dish an intense flavor that brightens the dish and makes it fragrant. Using microgreens as a garnish also makes the dish look more elegant. Microgreens are also an excellent source of nutrients, and they are considered to have even more nutrients than their adult forms. You can purchase microgreens in a grocery store or easily grow them in your kitchen or garden. There are a variety of microgreens that can be used for this recipe, including kale, radish greens, arugula, peas, cabbage, or watercress.
For the crack carrots:
- 5-6 fresh rainbow or carrots of your choice, washed and scrubbed, peeled and ends trimmed
- Grape Seed oil or cooking oil of your choice
- 6-7 whole garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon of *AVOCADO CRACK (I used no sodium)
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup (you can also use sugar-free Maple Syrup)
- 2-3 Avocado Crack CRACKers crushed
- Thin sliced green onion
- Rainbow microgreens
- Salt to taste
- Potato peeler
- Medium-high lip pan
How to Make The Best Crack Carrots
- Wash and scrub the carrots to remove dirt. Peel them with a potato peeler to remove the coarse outer skin.
- In a medium-high lip pan, bring 3-4 cups of water and 1tbs of salt to a boil.
- Gently add in carrots.
- Let them boil until softened for about 4-5 min. Do not fully cook them through. *Don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Take carrots out of boiling water and IMMEDIATELY transfer them to a bowl of ice water. Pour out the water from your pan and pat it dry.
- Add in oil and fresh garlic and sauté on med heat for 2-3min
- Add the par-cooked carrots to the pan.
- Stir the carrots gently so as to not bruise the flesh. Sauté them for 3-4 min.
- Season them in the pan with AVOCADO CRACK. Toss until fully coated.
- Add maple syrup to the pan. Toss carrots until syrup begins to bubble fully. Then turn the heat OFF.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Place the carrots on a plate and garnish them with green onions and microgreens.
- Sprinkle crushed Avocado Crack CRACKers on Carrots.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
What Can I Serve With Crack Carrots?
Crack Carrots are one of the best vegan recipes, and they can be eaten alone as an appetizer or snack. They also make an excellent side dish that you can pair with nearly any meal. Examples of what you can serve with crack carrots include braised short ribs, whole roasted chicken, meatloaf, stew, steak, chili, and many more dishes! You can even add them to a salad to enhance the flavor and texture.
How to Meal Prep Crack Carrots
If you like to meal prep, these crack carrots are the perfect side for you! Once you finish cooking the carrots, hold off on garnishing them. This will prevent the crispy crackers from getting soggy and the fresh vegetable garnishes from wilting. Place them in an airtight container and store them for lunch over the next few days. When you are ready to eat them, garnish them with Avocado Crack CRACKers, freshly chopped green onions, and microgreens.
How to Store Crack Carrots
You can store crack carrots by keeping them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last up to 3-4 days. When reheating crack carrots, place them in the microwave or on a skillet. You can also add on extra garnish if necessary.
I hope you love them! 💚🥑✨- Yolanda
This seasoning almost had me beat down my sister. I caught her shaking it over a bowl of chicken. At this moment I had to decide was that charge worth it😂🤣