Avocado Lime Ice Cream is the trick to this Spooky Avocado Pizookie Treat!
If you have ever been to BJ's Restaurant and Brewery, you know what a Pizookie is and you're most likely obsessed with these warm decadent skillet cookies topped with ice cream and other sweet add-ons. Completely customizable, a Pizookie is one of those desserts that even non dessert eaters will sink their spoon into!
This Halloween, I wanted to try my own spin on a Pizookie when I stumbled across Helados La Neta Avocado and Lime Ice Cream at my favorite Texas grocery store, HEB. For the skillet cookie, I used a Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix, which was absolutely delicious and perfect with the Avocado and Lime Ice Cream. Another yummy addition was the bag of Nestle Tollhouse Hot Fudge Sunday Morsels and More I found. How convenient is having chocolate morsels, waffle cone pieces, and marshmallows in one bag?
I did use a Cast Iron Skillet for this recipe, however at BJ's you will find the Pizookie comes out in a silver mini cake pan. Choose the one that works best for you, or what you have on hand. Both should work fine. I slightly oiled the pan just in case, per the cookie box instructions.
If you aren't sure about Aguacate con Limon (avocado lime) flavor, just use your favorite ice cream flavor. The Avocado Lime Ice Cream was not as sweet as vanilla but reminded me of a vanilla, and left a hint of lime lingering in my mouth after every bite. Muy delicioso! Here is how I put everything together.
- Helados la Neta Aguacate con Limon Helado (Avocado Lime Ice Cream)
- Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2tbs Nestle Tollhouse Hot Fudge Sundae Morsels and More
- Optional toppings: sprinkles, glaze for drizzle
- Prepare Snickerdoodle cookie dough per box instructions
- Once Snickerdoodle cookie is finished, allow pan to cool 10mins or more if needed (you don't want ice cream to melt immediately)
- Once Snickerdoodle cookie is cooled, add 3 scoops of Helados la Neta Avocado Lime Ice Cream on top
- Sprinkle Avocado Lime Ice Cream with Nestle Tollhouse Hot Fudge Sundae Morsels and More, then optional toppings
- Dig IN!!!!!
Do not be nervous to try this Spooky Avocado Pizookie...it is divine!! Click here to watch me make it on Instagram, and treat yo self! 💚🥑✨ - Yolanda
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored recipe, nor do I get paid in anyway for sharing recipes and ideas. The Affiliate Links used are for products that I love and are needed for the recipe, and I believe you will love them too! If you click them, I get a small commission from Amazon at no cost to you