Are you obsessed with garlic and love a good soup recipe? Then this savory, garlicky twist on the popular Zuppa Toscana is for you! If you are already a fan of Avocado Crack Seasoning, you know we only do unique, crowd pleasing dishes in our kitchen. Avocado Crack is the World's First Seasoning Made for avocados, and is so addicting we use it on everything!!! I truly believe this soup will warm your soul. your belly, and your family's hearts.
Zuppa Toscana Vs Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup
Olive Garden put Zuppa Toscano on the map. Loved by many for the marrying of so many delicious flavors, Zuppa Toscana includes chicken broth, russet potatoes, kale, and sweet Italian sausage crumbles.
Our garlicky Sausage, Kale, and Potato Soup is a play on those flavors but kicks them up a notch with the added garlic and Avocado Crack Seasoning. We start with a roasted garlic base, instead of the average chicken, beef or veggie broth. Then, we incorporate garlic sausage, instead of sweet Italian to increase the garlic taste even more. Also, we decided to go with white potatoes, and they held up quite well in our broth, even after mashing a few to make the soup good and hearty, Honestly, this soup is simply delightful and we hope you enjoy it!
Tip: For this recipe, and tons of soup recipes, a Dutch Oven is the go-to kitchen tool for many home chefs. If you have never used a Dutch Oven, it is basically a cast iron pot. It can be used for soups, roasts and even to make homemade bread! Dutch Ovens are truly versatile and can be used on a variety of stove tops and even in the oven. They have to be cared for just as any cast iron pot or skillet, but if you treat them with care, they can last for years to come.
Let's make some soup!
- Avocado Crack Seasoning
- 4 Medium White Potatoes
- 14oz Garlic Sausage, diced
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 16oz Fresh Kale, roughly cut without stem
- 4tbs Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Paste
- 6 cups of water
- 1 tbs of Crushed Garlic
- 2tbs of Cream Cheese or Heavy Whipping Cream ( we used cream cheese).
- Heat Dutch Oven or pot on medium high heat. Add sausage and allow to brown about 5 minutes or to desired crispiness
- Add crushed garlic until fragrant, then add diced onions and stir
- Once onions are translucent, add 6 cups of water and 4tbs of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Paste
- Stir until garlic paste is dissolved and roasted garlic broth is formed
- Bring broth to a boil and add diced white potatoes
- Cover pot, lower heat to medium, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are soft
- Once able, mash a few potatoes to make the broth more hearty, add more water to increase broth at this time if needed
- Add cream cheese and stir until blended into the soup
- Lastly, add kale and allow to wilt
- Top off soup with Avocado Crack Seasoning to taste
- Enjoy! 💚🥑✨
This delicious soup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The flavors will mingle and get better with time, but for optimum freshness, consume within 3-4 days. A great addition the Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup would be some crispy, savory and highly addictive Avocado Crack CRACKers.
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored recipe, nor do I get paid in anyway for sharing recipes and ideas. The Affiliate Links used are for products that I love and are needed for the recipe, and I believe you will love them too! If you click them, I get a small commission from Amazon at no cost to you.