Yall...in the words of somebody somewhere, These were so good they make you wanna SMACK YA MAMA!!! (If you have never heard that before, you're too young to be here LOL)
Seriously these were absolutely amazing. The cilantro and the lime enveloped the shrimp into a flavor explosion, which was ignited by Avocado Crack Original seasoning. Plus, using authentic Mexican Crema and Queso Fresco made these tostadas that much more authentic and delicious!
I feel like my plates also made this meal come together because they were flat so I didn't have to worry about my toppings falling off or rolling all over the place. My set is Hearth and Hand by the amazing Chip and Joanna Gaines at Target. HOWEVER!!! I found some look alike plates on Amazon (aka more affordable lol) and I am sharing the wealth in case you want your tostadas on a cute flat matte black plate also. #amazonaffiliate
Now to the good part...how to make the best Cilantro Lime Tostadas ever! I also had some avocado on the side with Avocado Crack because as my friend Tabitha Brown says, that's my business!
- Avocado Crack All-purpose seasoning
- 1tbs Oil or butter
- 1 pack Red or Yellow shell tostadas (this is personal preference)
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons guacamole or mashed avocado per tostada
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 1 Jar of Mexican Crema or Sour Cream if you're nervous to try it
- 1 bag of shrimp (I got frozen, deveined, tail off, peeled shrimp)
- 1 bag of Queso Fresco Mexican crumbling cheese
- 1 lime or lime juice for garnish
Building a tostada is very similar to building a taco. it's all about what you prefer. You can customize these by serving the toppings family style, and just choosing what to layer on each tostada, or you can follow my exact combination, which was delectable and exploding with flavor!
- The first thing you need to be sure to do is wash your shrimp. If you need to, be sure to peel and devein them as well, then pat dry.
- In a skillet, melt butter or warm oil, then add the shrimp
- Cook shrimp until translucent, and season with Avocado Crack thoroughly
- In a separate skillet or in the microwave, warm the refried beans
Now you are ready to build your tostada!
- Place the tostada shell on your new cute matte black plate ;-)
- Take a spoonful of warm refried beans and smooth them over the tostada as your first layer. This will keep your other toppings secure.
- Spoon some mashed avocado or guacamole over the beans
- Sprinkle the red cabbage on next, making sure to go edge to edge
- Next, spoon about 4 shrimp onto the tostada, depending on the size you can do more or less
- After the shrimp, sprinkle about a tablespoon of Queso Fresco on top
- Now, you will drizzle a teaspoon of Mexican Crema over your tostada. If you use sour cream, and can just put a dollop on top!
- Lastly, squeeze fresh lime juice over your tostada and admire it before the first bite!
I can't wait for you to fall in love with these. Enjoy!
Love, Yolanda 💚🥑✨