Get into this irresistible 7 Layer Dip with an addicting SECRET INGREDIENT perfect for Friendsgiving.
I was invited to my coworker's Friendsgiving and everybody had to bring a dish. This was hard for me to decide because I love to make crowd pleasing food for events. I went back and forth between an appetizer style dish, or a side dish...a sweet dish or a savory dish... and finally I chose something I've never made before, but easy to make.
If you have never had 7 Layer Dip, it is exactly what the name implies. 7 Layers of ingredients, that you dip with tortilla chips. The usual 7 ingredients are refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, diced tomatoes, and black olives. Let me tell yall a secret...foodies never settle for the basic recipe!!! Let me tell you how I made THIS absolutely delicious 7 Layer Dip!
Ingredients (don't forget tortilla chips for dipping!)
Avocado Crack Original
2 15oz packs/cans of refried BLACK beans
1 19oz container of guacatilla con crema from HEB ( or a container of fresh guacamole)
16oz container of sour cream
2 bags of shredded cheese, I mixed 2, one with jalapeños and one with habanero for a kick
1 1/2 cup chopped green onion (can be more or less if you desire)
1 cup diced tomatoes (more or less as desired)
1 small can of sliced black olives (more or less as desired)
1 9x13 in pan
Now for the secret to this recipe...and you can thank me later for this...you are going to SEASON the sour cream with Avocado Crack!!! Yes, that's right! Every layer of this 7 Layer Dip will be FULL of robust flavor. Now lets construct the 7 Layer Dip.
- Heat the refried beans per the instructions on the can/pack. This is the only warm ingredient in the 7 Layer Dip.
- Once heated, spread the beans onto the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Next, thoroughly season the sour cream with Avocado Crack Original seasoning inside the container and stir until all sour cream is infused with Avocado Crack
- Spread the sour cream over the layer of beans in a smooth layer
- Now, spread the guacatilla con crema or guacamole in a smooth layer over the sour cream
- It's ok if the sour cream and guac mix a little, because the next layer will be your shredded cheese. You can use this layer to evenly cover the bottom layers, and your guests will never know it mixed!
- After the shredded cheese layer, add your preferred amounts of tomato, green onions, and black olives
- Last but not least, dust the top of your amazing 7 Layer Dip with Avocado Crack
This dip gets better by the hour!! As the flavors marinate, the flavor will intensify! 7 Layer Dip is served room temperature, just as you made it, with tortilla chips. Take it with you to any party or event, and prepare to get compliments all night long. Be sure to tell them (or not) that the secret ingredient was Avocado Crack!!
Love, Yolanda 💚🥑✨