Get Summer started with an addicting Avocado Crack Corn, Avocado, Black Bean Salad.
Summer is upon us and while the sun is blazing, so are the fire pits! Nothing says summer fun like relaxing poolside or in the park with family and friends. Avocado Crack Corn, Avocado, Black Bean Salad is the perfect addition to a family cookout menu, and is best served chilled, so it beats the heat!
With just a few simple. easy to find ingredients, you will be ready to please the crowd with this Avocado Crack Corn, Avocado, Black Bean Salad. The fresher the ingredients, the better, as the flavors will compliment each other the longer this salad sits and chills. However, canned corn and canned black beans were used in addition to the fresh ingredients for convenience and to keep prep time short.
Avocado Crack Corn, Avocado, Black Bean Salad uses fresh squeezed lime juice as the dressing. To choose the best lime, once you give it a squeeze, the lime should be firm with a slight give. Hard limes will not produce enough juice for the salad to be evenly distributed. You can use your hands to squeeze the juice from the lime over your salad, or use a handy lime squeezer to really release all of the fresh, zesty juice!
To make sure your Avocado Crack Corn, Avocado, Black Bean salad has the creamy avocado taste you love, make sure to choose an avocado that is not too soft, not too hard, and green when you pop off the little brown stem on top!
Lastly, if you love to merry sweet and savory flavors, opt for a canned sweet or extra sweet corn variety. To spice your dish up, you can also try a chipotle corn, roasted corn, or southwest blend! The possibilities are endless when making this delicious salad.
Now let's put the Avocado Crack Corn, Avocado, Black Bean salad together. Here is the list of ingredients:
- Avocado Crack Seasoning
- 1 large avocado (diced)
- 1 15oz can of Super Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of diced red onions
- 1/2 cup of Queso Fresco Mexican crumbling cheese or Feta Cheese
- 2 key limes
Queso Fresco is a mild, fresh cheese traditionally found in Mexico. It typically comes in a wheel that is tightly wrapped because it crumbles easily. This makes quest fresco very versatile and great for adding to a variety of foods, including Avocado Crack Corn, Avocado, and Black Bean salad. The taste is not too tangy, salty, or funky, making it an enjoyable cheese for all!
Now we are ready to prepare the Avocado Crack Corn, Avocado and Black Bean Salad. The above measurements will give you a sharable portion that is perfect for a small family, but adjust quantities as needed to fit the size of your summertime function.
- In a large bowl, dump the drained can of corn, drained can of black beans, diced cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced red onions, and diced avocado
- Season fresh ingredients to taste with Avocado Crack Seasoning and stir, mixing all ingredients until thoroughly blended
- Next, slice the key limes in half, and place one half at a time face down into the lime squeezer, pressing out all of the juice over the salad. If squeezing a larger lime by hand, watch for seeds!
- After that, break off a section (to your preference) of Queso Fresco, and crumble the cheese evenly over your salad
- To bring it all together, sprinkle Avocado Crack Seasoning to taste over your salad, and give the Corn, Avocado, Black Bean Salad one last, good stir.
The Avocado Crack Corn, Avocado, Black Bean Salad can be enjoyed immediately, but is best enjoyed chilled, after marinating in the fridge for at least an hour. If you prefer, add the avocados right before serving so they won't brown before your dinner or event begins. The juice from the key limes will counteract some of the browning, but not all.
Storage is easy as long as you have a container with an air tight lid to help the avocados stay fresh as long as possible. The longer the Avocado Crack Corn, Avocado, Black Bean Salad sits, the more addicting the flavor will be! It could keep for up to 3 days if stored properly.
Let me know if this recipe was a hit at your family gathering this summer! I hope you enjoy it, 💚🥑✨- Yolanda
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored recipe, nor do I get paid in anyway for sharing recipes and ideas. The Affiliate Links used are for products that I love and are needed for the recipe, and I believe you will love them too! If you click them, I get a small commission from Amazon at no cost to you.